The logic for search engine marketing is quite simple! You type the words related to what you want to search and the results will show the closest match. Using the same keywords, digital marketers create their content and content marketing strategies in the form of text, images, video, audio, and other formats.
These keywords indicate what the person is looking for, as well as the stage of his/her ‘purchase’ cycle. As an agency, it is of utmost importance to understand how people search for information on education and migration and find ways to answer their queries or solve their issues. Here are five useful tips that will help enhance your agency’s search engine marketing and set a digital footprint.
Optimize your content for search engine marketing
Whether your online presence is a website, social media page or blog, optimizing content is the number one way to get any search engine’s attention. By optimizing for search engine marketing, we mean using content that includes the right keywords, based on how people search for information about the education and migration industry.
- Find the right keywords: This is the first step. If you don’t have access to a search engine optimizing (SEO) expert for advice, you can start by using sites like Google Trends. After including basic information about your industry, it will show you related keywords along with other statistics.
- Create content that adds value: Merely using keywords in your content is insufficient! The content must be unique, high quality, authoritative, and relevant. If you can’t do it yourself, get hold of a copywriter or content marketing agency, who understand your industry.
- Make the content aesthetically appealing: You may have great content, but it also needs to be highly visible. Most people do not read but scan information for what they need. Your content must grab their attention instantly! Using the right colors, fonts, photos, interesting titles and sub-headings, and short paragraphs can do the trick.
Never Miss Out
Subscribe to the latest published post along with industry news that you can't miss.
Make it easily shareable online
After working so hard to create the content, it is also essential to give it that final touch and make it highly shareable. Excellent work that people don’t notice or share among their peers and friends is as good as non-existent in the online world. You need to do the following things:
- Aim to make your content contagious: It is a fact that not every single piece of content that emerges from your agency is going to be infectious. However, that is what you should aim for all the time. Even if one piece of content goes viral, it will draw substantial attention to your agency business!
- Ensure all links are visible: Most social media pages have very visible shareable buttons. However, your agency website may need help choosing essential website elements. Make sure it has that content you want people to share has visible links that are also easy to access.
- Think of multiple uses: Something as basic as a blog article has multiple uses. Whenever you create content, you should be able to use it in many different ways and formats. For instance, if your agency has written an article, you can turn it into other types of content like videos, debates, infographics, and so on.
Use plenty of visual elements
The longer people spend time on your website or social media page, the better it is for SEO rankings. People are more attracted to visual elements than just plain text. Using it appropriately at the right places alongside your content is a great way to boost your agency’s online presence, and add value to user experience.
- Photographs: Attractive photographs can help make your content more readable and shareable. However, make sure they are relevant to what you have written.
- Infographics: Turning plain and boring data or information into graphics makes it easy for everyone to understand it, and share it too. The education and migration industry is full of data. Simplifying and sharing it with clients will strengthen your digital marketing strategy.
- Videos: A video has it all – from text to visuals. It is probably one of the best ways to get people talking about your agency. Keep it short and simple yet creative.
Make good use of personal outreach emails
Despite the upsurge in technological innovations, emails continue to be serious attention grabbers. It is probably because most people and businesses still use the email etiquettes to communicate formally, giving it that personal yet serious tone. Here is how you can make your search engine marketing strategy even better:
- Keep track of your database: Every time you create new content, it is not enough to share it on social media or your website. Check your subscriber list and others in your database, to find people whom you can email regularly about the latest agency news or content.
- Email direct links: Instead of providing links to your agency website or other mediums where people can access the content, directly place links in your outreach emails. This way, they won’t need to waste time searching for your content and will be able to access it directly.
- Write interesting and eye-catching copy: If you want people to open your emails and read the content, good and creative communication is the key. Start by addressing your readers with their names and write a strong call-to-action, so they actually click on the links you provide.
Focus on linking resource pages
A resource page is simply a page on a website that lists helpful links and resources for a particular topic. For example, your website can have a resource page linking other useful websites or blogs related to education and migration. Here are the steps how you can do so too:
- Find the right pages: Simply do a google search and find websites and blogs that relate to your industry. These pages could be informative, newsworthy or analysis driven. Focus on pages that are popular in the education and migration industry for their authoritative voice, expert analysis, and credible news.
- Narrow down your results: Although you might find hundreds of such resources, try to fine-tune your selection to those that are most relevant and of the highest quality. Choose at least ten pages, which you can include on your agency website.
- Reach out: This is a great way of interacting with your audience and receiving user feedback. All you need to do is place a box on your website that says something like “suggest a new resource”. Your clients or other users can make suggestions and it may turn out to be the best thing you ever did.
While there are hundreds of other ways to build your agency’s search engine marketing and drive brand awareness, the ones mentioned above will get you started on the right track. The thing to keep in mind is that growing your agency’s brand online is a time-consuming process. It will not happen overnight, but it is most certainly worth all the effort. So be patient and work consistently towards it.