In today’s new era of content marketing, quality content is king! However, it has not always been so. There was a time when the content was just an afterthought or plain information, with no real value for the clients. Quality was lacking too, as the emphasis was on the sheer volume of content. Therefore, as overseas immigration consultants, you need good content creation strategy to succeed.
Today, the model for professional business services is unique and different. To attract clients, an immigration consultancy must share something of value, show expertise, and provide solutions. Currently, there is no better way for an immigration consultancy to do this than content marketing!
A strategic approach to create and distribute valuable, relevant, and consistent content are prerequisites for overseas immigration consultants. Although many businesses take help from a content agency to get this work done, you can try it out on your own too.
We have put together seven significant steps of content creation strategy for overseas immigration consultants that attracts prospects, and converts them into clients:
Step 1: Understand the word “content.”
It is essential to know what “content” really is to understand and form content creation strategy for your immigration consultancy. Content is a broad term and interpreted by people differently. However, content marketing is a specific way to create and deliver high quality and useful information or anecdotes to your clients.
It must be something that clients find engaging, relevant, informative, and entertaining. Moreover, they should be able to relate to it, and willing to share. Overseas immigration consultants can use plenty of mediums that incorporate your content creation strategy to set a digital footprint:
- Text: In the form of articles, scripts, stories, narratives, copywriting or social media uploads.
- Images: As photographs, infographics, presentations, print adverts or social media uploads.
- Video: Includes TV advertising, documentaries, promo videos, live streaming, and social media uploads.
- Audio: Includes radio advertising, jingles, music production for videos, and social media.
Step 2: Identify your target audience
To create relevant and engaging content, overseas immigration consultants need to have the audience in mind. What sort of target market does immigration consultancy serve? Look into your market research surveys to find this data and build your content creation strategy.
Once overseas immigration consultants have this information, they need to get the team together and brainstorm on what you would like to share and communicate with your prospects or clients. How do you want to communicate with your clients and which mediums would you prefer? For example, if overseas immigration consultants are using email, learn the professional business email etiquette, this will help build your content creation strategy of your immigration consultancy.
Step 3: Build a small and dedicated in-house team
The truth about content creation strategy is that it requires more than one person to work on it. Whether you want to write blogs and narratives, create info-graphics or make videos, having a team is essential. For instance, if you’re going to write blogs related to your overseas immigration consultants brand, you will need the following expertise:
- Copywriter: Immigration consultancy need a writer who understands their business, including the basics of branding and advertising.
- Copy Editor: Do not expect the writer to edit as well. It is better to have an editor, who can look for mistakes and fine-tune the article. The second pair of eyes will refresh the blog and ensure your goals are on track.
- SEO Expert: Writing blogs without knowing which keywords and phrases to use in the articles is meaningless. The overseas immigration consultants need a person who understands how search engine optimization (SEO) works and can identify the right keywords based on clients’ online search preferences.
Depending on the content delivery medium, the immigration consultancy needs to choose what to use. Selecting a migration agency management solution would add in further benefits. Immigration consultancy may also need other professionals like graphic designers and video editors.
Step 4: Develop your agency content marketing strategy
Once your team is ready, make them work on a content marketing strategy. Provide the details about your target audience and any other information you feel is relevant. The content marketing strategy for overseas immigration consultants should cover these points:
- Brand Story: Conceptualize ideas and messages your agency brand wants to communicate, by differentiating it from the competition for driving digital brand awareness. It should be part of your overseas immigration consultants content creation strategy. All concepts should relate to your brand’s voice and personality.
- Channel Plan: Select the mediums you as an immigration consultancy will use to tell your brand story, including the sort of criteria, processes, and objectives for each one.
- Audience Research: Describe the specific audiences for whom you will create the content. What are their needs and preferences? People take notice of content that has a personal touch, which speaks to them as individuals.
Step 5: Add a personal touch
It is no secret that everyone relishes the personal touch, especially in the services industry. The content must create a sense of engagement with the audience, without sounding general. It must speak to the individual and make them feel a personal sense of gratitude. This should be part of your immigration agency management solution.
Think of it as giving away your agency-branded t-shirts to employees, but all of the same size. Although the gesture is nice, it is not logical, as each individual will have a different size and fitting. However, if you find out about their sizes beforehand and give the t-shirts accordingly, it will add a personal touch and make sense too. The same logic also applies to personalized content. Overseas immigration consultants can start by researching how to personalize the migration process and incorporate it into your content creation strategy.
Step 6: Map the content
Each type of content the immigration consultancy creates will play a different role in converting prospects to clients. Therefore, it is essential for overseas immigration consultants to develop the right content. This is where mapping the content can help. Ask your team to plan these phases:
- Discovery – This is a time when prospects are actively searching for solutions to their problems. Develop a content creation strategy that can directly relate to their online search criteria, in the form of insights, best practices, webinars, and infographics.
- Educational – During this phase, prospects, and clients will often visit your website or social media page multiple times, to seek recommendations. The goal of the overseas immigration consultants should be to provide a wide variety of valuable and informative content. Analyst reports, category research, audience insights, and eBooks can do the trick.
- Evaluation – This is the time to demonstrate your agency’s competence in solving challenges for prospects and clients by learning problem-solving techniques. Provide them with appropriate case studies and samples of your agency’s work.
Step 7: Build an editorial calendar
Once the plans and content are in place, the immigration consultancy team should prepare an editorial calendar. Content creation strategy will help your overseas immigration consultants maintain a consistent flow of content, and ensure everyone on your team is on the same page. To make life easier, several companies provide templates for editorial calendars as well as use a migration agent management tool.
Your editorial calendar should include the following specifications:
- Target audience
- Type of content
- Delivery or method of promotion
- List of keywords and phrases
Prospects and clients these days are much more aware of their choices than ever before. Marketing strategies for immigration consultants have evolved over time. Direct marketing does not interest them anymore, and they rarely see any value in it. Breaking away from this pattern, the new age of content marketing is all about a genuine approach to engage with your audience. If the immigration consultancy can do it well, business prospects and possibilities are endless!